What is Expert Systems? Expert systems are designed to solve complex problems by reasoning about knowledge, like an expert, and not by following the procedure of a developer as is the case in conventional programming.
What is Human Expert? An expert / expert (human expert) is an individual who has a superior capability understanding of a problem. For example: a doctor, financial advisor, an expert in car engines, etc..
Comparison of Human Expert and Expert Systems
- Time Availability : Human Expert (Working day). Expert Systems (any time)
Geographical : Human Expert (specific location). Expert Systems (wherever)
- Security: Human Expert (not replaceable). Expert Systems (can be replaced)
- Perishable : Human Expert (yes). Expert Systems (no)
- Performance : Human Expert (variable). Expert Systems (consistent)
- Speed:Human Expert (variable). Expert Systems (consistent and more fast)
The fundamental reason why the ES (Expert Systems) was developed to replace a experts:
- Can provide expertise at all times and in various locations
- Automatically doing routine tasks that require an expert.
- An expert will retire or leave
- An expert is expensive
- Expertise is needed also in a hostile environment (hostile environtment)
Comparison of Conventional Systems and Expert System